Radion Gen 3 and Gen 3 Pro on same tank

B's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive been running a pair of Gen 3 XR30's (non pro version) for about 2 years with great results. Im gearing up to upgrade to a larger tank and will need a third light. I came across a deal locally to get a gen 3 pro for dirt cheap. Has anyone run them together? Is that a good idea? Will it blend properly or will it look off balanced?

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not totally certain, but I believe that you could run the Pro the same as the non-Pro versions, if that's what you're after? You would have to tweak the intensities differently for each model (dropping some colors on the Pro, reducing some intensities on the non-Pro), but it should be possible to find a middle-ground between the two.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it for almost 2 years. Only problem is if you run them together in ecosmart you can't get the colors perfectly right between them all, it's not crazy bad but enough to notice if you know what your looking for. Pro version has another blue channel and something else. To fix it run them as 2 separate aquariums and fix the colors that way. A little bit of a pain but easily doable. I'd do it again for a good deal no question

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back