Radion Gen 3 and Gen 3 Pro on same tank

B's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2017
Messages
144
Reaction score
74
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive been running a pair of Gen 3 XR30's (non pro version) for about 2 years with great results. Im gearing up to upgrade to a larger tank and will need a third light. I came across a deal locally to get a gen 3 pro for dirt cheap. Has anyone run them together? Is that a good idea? Will it blend properly or will it look off balanced?
 
I'm not totally certain, but I believe that you could run the Pro the same as the non-Pro versions, if that's what you're after? You would have to tweak the intensities differently for each model (dropping some colors on the Pro, reducing some intensities on the non-Pro), but it should be possible to find a middle-ground between the two.
 
I did it for almost 2 years. Only problem is if you run them together in ecosmart you can't get the colors perfectly right between them all, it's not crazy bad but enough to notice if you know what your looking for. Pro version has another blue channel and something else. To fix it run them as 2 separate aquariums and fix the colors that way. A little bit of a pain but easily doable. I'd do it again for a good deal no question
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new