Radion Gen 3 xr30 for 75G FOWLR

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i wound up getting an amazing deal on some slightly used Gen 3 radions. I have two of them and a reeflink on our 75G FOWLR right now (only coral is a nicely growing Duncan). Any advice or tips on a schedule? I'm ok using one of the pre-programmed templates if any of those are good for what we have. We will eventually have some more coral when we move over to the big tank (180), well big for us lol. But it won't be a coral heavy tank either. Does the livestock we have matter for the lighting schedule as well as the coral?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting schedule isn’t super critical for softies and LPS, fish definitely don’t care as far as spectrum and intensity.

Using a preprogrammed schedule is the easiest way to go, I use the ab+ setting on my pro4s with a ramp up/down a little more extended than the preset.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with Radions (AI Hydra 52's here) but lots of experience with duncans. They aren't particularly demanding so I bet your template program will be fine. Hopefully some of the guys who use these will chime in soon!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also using g4 pros with a modified AB+ setting. As @HotRocks has said, fish really don’t care about what the color spectrum is as long as they have a day and night schedule. If you plan on only keeping softies or lps then I would pick a spectrum that focuses more on the blue side.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy.....lets see.....we used simple lamp timers back in the days before LEDs and just turned our halides and or tubes on or off and grew corals and kept happy fish with no issues :) I'm waiting for Radion to start selling lights where you have to rent the controller software like my Meraki gear / sarcasm

Softies and LPS don't require any spectrum differences than SPS. Just because light makers put more colors in their lights than American DJ doesn't create a need for them. Because kids light their zoa/paly tanks like blacklight posters doesnt mean it's a requirement.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back