Radion gen. 4 Pro Mounting Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just bought several Radions to use above my 75g tanks. I purchased these components to mount them to the tanks:

XR703-0505
XR710
XR707 x 2

I had a couple of questions before I start the assembly:

Will the XR710 be tall enough for the Radion Pro to be 9" above the water?

Is the rail (XR703-0505) the correct size to use on a standard 75g tank?

Thanks,

Will

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will,

This setup should work. Just to confirm what is the width of your tank? XR703-0505 is a bit larger and may over lap. The XR703-0405 might look cleaner with no overlap. The other components you mentioned should work. As for the Radions the bottom end of the light with the lens will sit 7.5in above the rim of the tank. Right at the XR707 slides they're 9in above the rim of the tank.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Willz Did you get this figured out?

Not yet.

How's that for world class service after I spend nearly $4k on the lights and the ridiculous totally superfluous controller for the lights that they charge you for instead of making the light directly discoverable like any first year engineer would have recommended, and then the even more marked up mounting solution.... Way to go EcoTech (not). I didn't realize that the mounting hardware was three separate overpriced components, so I'm still waiting to get the items that the Radions screw into. Which in turn is screwed into the cross piece and if the same first year engineer was to make another suggestion he may have mentioned that the part I'm on hold waiting for is entirely superfluous as well (e.g. just make the Radion so that it can be directly attached to the cross piece, duh)... I guess superfluous except that both items EcoTech can charge me extra on top of the ludicrous MAP pricing they normally extort for the light itself. While I was waiting and hadn't unwrapped the packages I wanted to make sure I had the right cross piece for a 75g tank, so I could return it if it isn't the right one.

Alas, no luck. Paying EcoTech was the only interaction they were interested in engaging with me. Basically just, "Lotsa luck".

I have always steered clear of this company for the reason that their items seemed so ridiculously overpriced anyways. Should have stuck to my guns.

And I get that I'm summoning the wrath of the Ecotech fan boys. Screw it, needed to be said.

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell them and get an ATI powermodule. :D

I should. I saw ATI had some scratched and dinged 48" modules at a very competitive price compared to the "all in" actual cost of the Radions and all the non-sense accessories that are not included for their base price $800 light. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself once I start trying to get support trying to get the ReefLink to talk to the Radions, too. And then the whole known, but unaddressed issue of daylight savings time and the near impossibility of resetting the clock on them once they are going (if you are lucky enough to get them going). You know I should start a for sale thread and see what I can get out of them. Doubtful they hold their value as I don't want them even before I have got them working...

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking bets as to whether I can sell them before EcoTech monitors their support forum here and replies to my question.

Last edited:

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should. I saw ATI had some scratched and dinged 48" modules at a very competitive price compared to the "all in" actual cost of the Radions and all the non-sense accessories that are not included for their base price $800 light. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself once I start trying to get support trying to get the ReefLink to talk to the Radions, too. And then the whole known, but unaddressed issue of daylight savings time and the near impossibility of resetting the clock on them once they are going (if you are lucky enough to get them going). You know I should start a for sale thread and see what I can get out of them. Doubtful they hold their value as I don't want them even before I have got them working...
Are these the Radions from ReefTec? Are they G4/G3? I have the G4 and prefer them over the G3. I was a bit skeptical at first. So far my LPS and SPS are doing well. Colors are great. I've had a few hiccups with the software but Ecotech worked with me. Had to continually default the lights to get them working properly. Most likely a software bug. I run ATI T5 with Kessils on most of my tanks. So far I'm impressed with the Radions but not fully convinced.

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these the Radions from ReefTec? Are they G4/G3? I have the G4 and prefer them over the G3. I was a bit skeptical at first. So far my LPS and SPS are doing well. Colors are great. I've had a few hiccups with the software but Ecotech worked with me. Had to continually default the lights to get them working properly. Most likely a software bug. I run ATI T5 with Kessils on most of my tanks. So far I'm impressed with the Radions but not fully convinced.

They are the Reeftec NIB gen 4 lights. Plus all the other necessary day one add-ons that should have been included in the original cost for the light.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back