Radion RMS mount bolt rusting

H.E. Pennypacker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2022
Messages
502
Reaction score
293
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal? Have only had it for 2 months... Am I supposed to coat it with something?

This might be why I have high zinc in a recent ICP...

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 2.54.42 PM.png
 
Is this normal? Have only had it for 2 months... Am I supposed to coat it with something?

This might be why I have high zinc in a recent ICP...

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 2.54.42 PM.png
Can you show a picture of how it’s mounted? That bolt shouldn’t be touching water.
 
Can you show a picture of how it’s mounted? That bolt shouldn’t be touching water.
I believe I spilled some SW on it once during maintenance. I'm using the spacer so it's somewhat protected, you're correct it doesn't touch the water, the spacer is above water too. I've reached out to EcoTech - figured they would have used a screw that did not rust...

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 5.08.44 PM.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new