Radion USB cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

juanorz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my radion usb cable. Is it just your standard micro usb to connect to cpu?

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my radion usb cable. Is it just your standard micro usb to connect to cpu?

No, actually. It LOOKS like it, but I found tonight that several of my USB cables do not work with my Radions.

I bought some used Radions and wanted to do factory resets & firmware updates but the Connection Manager software wasn't seeing the Radion. I was using a USB cable that came with a bluetooth speaker, so on a whim I grabbed a cord off of a Western Digital external hard drive, and that worked! So as I made my way through resetting my other lights (and then more after I was done with them), I tried other USB cables and it was definitely a mixed bag. Some worked, most didn't. Definitely not a scientific explanation, but the thicker cables worked, so maybe they're better at carrying power? Seems to make sense, but I don't know if that's what it is.

So if you have the connection manager installing fine but still don't connect to your Radion, or if your Reeflink can't see your Radion via USB, try some different USB cables and see if you can find one that works.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back