Radion XR15 G6 Pro help

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all,

I just picked up a Radion G6 Pro. I have been trying to connect it to my tank. I've been running everything on Mobius already, with minor issues that I've been able to sort out on my own.

My current equipment I'm running on the app:
Vortech MP10
AI Nero 3
Radion XR15 G6 Blue (removed today)
And previously 2x AI Prime Sol lights.

I recently switched out my AI Prime lights to a Radion G6 blue, I had issues getting it added to my existing tank in Mobius, but was able to get it working just fine by creating a new tank and have had it running for the past week. Well, I didn't like the Windex look with the blue version, so I got the Pro. I like this way better, however I can't get it to connect to my tank. I've tried creating a new tank, resetting the fixture from the app, resetting my phone, and uninstalling/reinstalling Mobius. All to no avail.

The app is recognizing the fixture and connecting. The issue comes when it tries to finalize adding it to any tank new or existing. It'll run thru the setup and get to the end stating "setup complete, 0 devices added" then a pop up comes up stating Bluetooth connection timed out. I've reset my Bluetooth cache, but had to go to work, so I haven't been able to test if that fixed the issue. I wanted to see if there were any steps I may be missing.

If needed, I'm running the latest version of Mobius on a Google Pixel 7 pro with Android 14 installed. Also, this is only happening with the Radion, I was able to create a tank and add just my pumps without any issue.

OP
OP
iceman14555

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I tried the cache reset and button reset. My fixture still won't connect to Mobius. When I tried to connect it after the Bluetooth cache reset, it gives me an error stating failed to connect to network. Same after the button reset, but the light now shows it's linked to a tank in Mobius, even though it isn't.

OP
OP
iceman14555

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2:
I finally got it to work. I did the button reset 2 more times and then tried to add the device as usual. This time it provided a firmware update, which it didn't before, and then connected. If anyone has this issue in the future, I hope the documentation of my tinkering helps you out.

OP
OP
iceman14555

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back