Radion XR15 G6 Pro LED I know its my first tank but......

D3123K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to upgrade my light again and BRS keeps saying its the best out right now change my mind lol its for my 15 gallon reef tank I will be adding soft corals and and LPS corals and a anemone in the future. I was just going to get the ai blade but BRS talked me into this one i really like the HDR effect it has and they say the par levels are almost perfect but is it overkill? or future proof?
Screenshot 2023-09-11 194220.png

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a Smatfarm light from Amazon for $150 that will grow corals as good as the Radion. Of course BRS gonna push you to buy their most expensive light. Radion is a great light but very overpriced.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new pro g6 has all of the spectrum you will need. The g6 has improved led's and better spread then the earlier models. Built in settings. It is a great light. That being said, it is over kill and made for a 24x24 cube. Or 2 to 4 on a 4 ft 120 tank . The ai prime would be a better fit IMO.

OP
OP
D3123K

D3123K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new pro g6 has all of the spectrum you will need. The g6 has improved led's and better spread then the earlier models. Built in settings. It is a great light. That being said, it is over kill and made for a 24x24 cube. Or 2 to 4 on a 4 ft 120 tank . The ai prime would be a better fit IMO.
the ai prime was my third option and it would be a lot easier on my wallet I just saw even the stand for the Radeon is $100 im going to look more into the ai prime now thanks

OP
OP
D3123K

D3123K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the kessil a360x tuna blue is really catching my eye lol

OP
OP
D3123K

D3123K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ive decided im done going back and forth im going with the ai blades lol they are just to dang cheap not to try

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the kessil a360x tuna blue is really catching my eye lol

ok ive decided im done going back and forth im going with the ai blades lol they are just to dang cheap not to try
That is a good choice, expandable and good spectrum. I almost got some, but went. With the radion xr15 but I have a 4 ft tank with lots of sps.

OP
OP
D3123K

D3123K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a good choice, expandable and good spectrum. I almost got some, but went. With the radion xr15 but I have a 4 ft tank with lots of sps.
nice ya ill get one of those in the future. now do i get the grow or the glow lol or both

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice ya ill get one of those in the future. now do i get the grow or the glow lol or both
Brs for what it is worth suggested 1 of each for best color and growth. Look on YouTube for the video.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I’ve been running them exclusively for 7 months now. You will be playing the lottery on whether you get the defective Grow. Just search that out.

My Grows aren’t nearly as bad as some and I’ve lived with it just fine. No one else has ever even noticed the color difference until I tell them.

If you already have the Radion, stick with it. The AI Blade Grow needs a full redesign before they can be recommended.

HNR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t get this light. This hobby tends to push people for the most expensive and greatest thing. Who knows if you’ll upgrade? And if you do I guarantee there will be another “better” greater thing available (g7?). Get something decent now like the primes or similar fixture, and if you upgrade sell it, and get new lights. With softies you’ll be running that light at less than half strength if that. Save your money.

Ordovician_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a Smatfarm light from Amazon for $150 that will grow corals as good as the Radion. Of course BRS gonna push you to buy their most expensive light. Radion is a great light but very overpriced.

I really like this light. For the price, it is amazing. Pain to setup and use but once that is done, it is a solid light.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back