Radion XR15 Pro G3 (2014 model) vs AI Prime 16HD Reef. Which to get in 2023?

OP
OP
ncfalco

ncfalco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it isn't and they will have two power cords. Two bulbs each....Will give you lot's of color options and flexibility. Also on a 40 gallon the power won't be too bad.
I'm beginning to think this may be a great option if I can get one used for a more reasonable price. I'm in Savannah GA, and electricity can get pricy quick in the summer when everyone is running their AC units. One cause for concern.
There’s this option as well. It really comes down to budget in the end.

what’s your vision for your reef and what’s your budget for lighting.
I want to have a mixed reef tank. I was thinking of starting with some soft corals and LPS since they have lower flow requirements than SPS. Still just setting up the tank though, so I'm flexible if you think I'd be better off going another route.

OP
OP
ncfalco

ncfalco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a Kessil AP700 with Wi-Fi, Diffusers, and Ceiling mounting kit for only $300. Those seem like they will work really well for my tank despite being a little older.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size for sure fits your tank. It’d probably be enough light for what you’re trying to accomplish. Hopefully it was well taken care of.

OP
OP
ncfalco

ncfalco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size for sure fits your tank. It’d probably be enough light for what you’re trying to accomplish. Hopefully it was well taken care of.
Thanks, if anything I think they might be too big for my tank. I'm not sure if I'd see way too much light spillage. The light is 20 inches in length and my tank is only 26 inches.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly wouldn’t pay $170 for a 10 year old gen3. I just sold a bunch of Gen4 for less than that.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back