Radion xr15 pro intensity

  • Thread starter Thread starter muggle0981
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious those who have radion xr15 pro- mine are g5 version…

what intensity do you run at-currently im at 55% on the lps/soft but think i need to get to 60%
24 inch deep tank-lights about 10” above tank no diffusers
 
I have 3 of the same lights on a 125g mixed reef. I run the AB+ setting at 90%. They are 7in high I believe. Get a par meter that way you can dial in your intensities.
 
What are tour corals?
 
Some acros, hammers, torches, frogs, chalices, montiis and polyps.
 
Using an XR-15 g6 pro which seems to spread more than G5 with less intensity than previous generations from what I read. I'm running the brightest part of the day @ 75% AB+ spectrum. I have a par meter coming this week so I'll have a better idea of how much light I'm getting.
 
How big is your tank? You might be surprised once you start measuring.
 
How big is your tank? You might be surprised once you start measuring.

This is over a 25g nano tank. Still all frags but growing.

IMG_6930.jpeg IMG_6933.jpeg
 
I have one gen-5 pro over my tank. It’s a 2’x2’ cube SPS heavy mixed reef. I started at around 60% running the AB plus template but they’re now at 90% + supplemental lighting from some reefbrite LEDs that are running at 100%.

That’s giving me 300-250 ish Par up top and center and maybe 150 ish down at the bottom and in the corners.
If you’re only doing softies and some LPS, I think 60% is more than enough.
 
Yes i run between 50-55%….had borrowed a par meter middle was 120-150

bottom seemed to be 80-60

Too was about 180

Thinking if i got to 60% that should help my bottom corals a bit
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new