Radion XR30 G3 --- Issue, Please help!! ----

ReeferPolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All PLEASE help!!

I got a pair of Radion XR30's G3's from a friend.
Today i trying to refresh the time on the lights and after clicking refresh on the one, the ecotech app froze and then crashed....
Since then the light is totally unresponsive and flashing red and yellow....

I have tried pulling the power and reconnecting.
Connecting to it via USB on Ecotech Live
Connecting to it wirelessly.
And its still 100% unresponsive

Is there any other way to perform a reset or kick these things into a mode that will make them discoverable?
Really hoping the light isnt finished, My budget for the new tank is already exhausted!

Ive read on the website the Gen 4's and 5's can be reset by holding down buttons but cant see any info for Gen 3's

Thank you in advanced!

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Was it trying to do firmware update when it crashed or just schedule/time update?
2. What happens when you connect over USB? Does the ecotech live app on your pc recognize the light? Do you hear the usual chime on your pc when you plug it into the USB?
3. Was it working prior to update? How long have you had it working before (minutes, days, weeks)?

OP
OP
ReeferPolly

ReeferPolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Was it trying to do firmware update when it crashed or just schedule/time update?
2. What happens when you connect over USB? Does the ecotech live app on your pc recognize the light? Do you hear the usual chime on your pc when you plug it into the USB?
3. Was it working prior to update? How long have you had it working before (minutes, days, weeks)?
Hi AV,

1) The all crashed when I clicked the refresh button not during a firmware update.
2) Nothing happens when I connect the USB. The USB does look slightly corroded so a proper connect is not guaranteed.
3) It was working perfectly prior for two weeks. My friend ran them for 4 years.

good news is I found a second hand light for a $300 on marketplace. I’m going to buy it, will be a good back up if I get this light working again.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you may want to start with the USB connection. This is the most reliable way to configure the light, reset it, etc. Those USB ports do get corroded though. Try to press it in gently.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back