Radion XR30 over 40 breeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter kraken14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kraken14

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2018
Messages
102
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a 40 breeder. The current tank I have has a radion xr30 over it, and I was wondering if this would be capable of providing light to a mixed reef, mainly zoas, lps, and sps. I have an AI prime as well, but I would prefer to have only one light over my tank.
 
How high do you plan on keeping it ?

Edit: I just read what a typed and it made no sense.
 
Last edited:
Should be so long as sps are kept in the center near the top
 
May work out okay if mounted high enough.... You’ll probably be able to cover 26 - 30” or so length wise with little to no light on the outer 3-5” on either end. As said above if SPS are keep in the middle they’ll do fine.
 
I am in the same process here and I have two G3 pros and it should distribute the light much better.
 
Just fyi who ever says this light alone isn’t enough it’s perfectly fine. I just second up. Perfect coverage
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new