Radion XR30 RMS mount

  • Thread starter Thread starter Volcom6981
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Volcom6981

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
38
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is my first LEDs on a tank I used to run T5. The problem or maybe it’s not is the RMS mount on my IM 40 gal tank is angled down when the Radion is mounted on the arm. Not sure if this is normal or not or if there is something anyone else did if they had this problem.
 
I have a Neptune Sky on the XR30 mount and it does the same thing. Some have had success with placing a shim under the front clamp to level the light.
 
It should angle down to a certain extent, specially when the light is pulled out to the front of the tank.do you have pics?
 
Yea I shimmed my xr15 on a rimmed tank but it still sloped forward. I just moved the light back and its good.
Its not centered but looks good, lol.

Not the greatest design and I imagine the 30 would slope more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new