Radion XR30W

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else currently using this light or planning to purchase one? Just picked mine up a week ago to use over my new JBJ rl20 rimless tank. I absolutely love this light. So easy to program and set up a 24 hour light schedule via computer. No more t-5's for me. The way this light makes my corals pop is amazing.

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the switch a yr ago from t5 I will never go back. I'm currently running a 60 cube acro tank and everything looks and grows amazingly. If u ever want to checkout my schedule, just pm me your email ;)

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my tank :)

IMG_20140201_132219239_HDR.jpg

And everything in the tank grew from frags, and most of them in the past yr since I made the switch

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice growth Gnarley. Everything look's healthy. Your lighting looks to be around the 12k mark. Am I correct? Im gonna start around the 14k mark. Adding a little more blue light to the tank.

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into them right now as I plan my new 90 gallon tank… There are some great videos on YouTube showing colors and shimmer, I'm used to having T5's, can't wait to get some Radions!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Anyone else currently using this light or planning to purchase one? Just picked mine up a week ago to use over my new JBJ rl20 rimless tank. I absolutely love this light. So easy to program and set up a 24 hour light schedule via computer. No more t-5's for me. The way this light makes my corals pop is amazing.

I won one at a lfs raffle a little more than a year ago. Gen 1.
I liked it so much I bought 3 more for my other tank.

My wife was a little shocked at how much I spent on the 3 Radions, but a couple months later she told me that the power bill dropped $60 a month.
That and the savings from not buying 3 mh bulbs, 4 vho bulbs and 6 T5 bulbs, just in the first year 2 of them were paid for.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back