Radions as pendants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the planning phases of my 120 SPS heavy/mixed build, and slowly starting to gather my equipment. I am considering going with 2 radion XR30s, maybe the pros. My display is going to be a peninsula with an open top. I would like to hang the two lights like pendants using some down rods for ceiling fans. The power cables will go up through the down rods to the ceiling about 4 feet and then have to go over another 4-6 feet into my wall where the equipment will be housed. I am under the impression that these lights have an external driver which would be mounted in said wall. My question is will the cables that attach the fixtures to the drivers reach the 8-10 total feet that I need them to? I know that there are extension cables available can these be daisy chained to get the length I need?

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just measured my cables on xr30 pros they are 10 foot long from light to driver. I measured 119 inches to be exact.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So those are the cables that came with them? And what about the usb cables I saw on the site, those just get hooked up for programming right? They are not hooked up all the time correct? BTW thanks for the response.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those are the original cables. The usb is just for programming. I got the reeflink so its setup wirelessly. No usb cable to change settings. Just open the app or evosmart live and change settings.
No problem!!

Salt It Away

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you decide to go with the Radions, and your interested in a Reef Link, I have one in the box (new never used) for $50. I had it as a potential backup to my Apex module.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back