Radios G4 recommendation

BkReefBaby

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Messages
718
Reaction score
290
Location
Stamford, CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
im thinking of switching over to radions. So my question is what is the recommended # of radion G4 units for a 36" X 24 " X 25"H tank....My tank is a mixed reef with plenty of sps, lPS and softies. Right now I run a 24" gieseman spectra which is plenty of light...thanks
 
I'm using an XR15 Gen 4 and it is covering a 30"x24" area while hanging about 17" over the water in my frag tank. Great color and growth.
 
The lights will cover a square 24" each. Two xr30 would be plenty if you are going for gen4's....

I have three Gen2pro units over a 60" tank with no issues. I guess it could depend on your coral stocking. Full grown out SPS you may need a third light because of shadows... sticking with LPS two will be plenty.
 
Yeah I think I just may go with 2 units of the XR30s
 
IMG_1026.JPG
This is my tank under three Gen2pro units..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new