Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone Shrinking and Neon Green Foot?

WorldZY

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2022
Messages
75
Reaction score
37
Location
Evansville
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There! I am brand new to Corals. I bought a Prime 16HD AI Light, I had my water tested by the LFS (Don't have exact numbers, Get a Salifert Test kit Mon.), Tank is about 6 months old.

I posted yesterday, because the little guy sucked himself onto a shell rather than the rock next to him lol. He completely sprouted out an our or 2 later as you can see in the pictures. My Question is... Today, I noticed it looks like the RBA shrunk to almost half it's size, the foot is turning almost neon green (Lines of Neon Green), the bottom half of the RBA's fingers are neon green as well. Is this normal to have? Is this what they do or should I be concerned? I been seeing different comments saying it is normal and they are normal in a few days, It is dying, etc.. I would like your thoughts and advice. I did watch it eat some shrimp yesterday. I have 2 pictures down below for you to see.


- The Bluer light picture was last night
- The whiter light picture was taken about 30 minutes ago.

Thank you all for the help! :)

20220507_185205.jpg 20220506_182808.jpg
 
BTAs can act in funny ways at times, make sure that he can’t get chewed up with an internal circulation pump.

As long as his foot is showing as healthy and it’s oral disc is not breaking down, the guy should be fine.

Best long haul advise:
Get some good test kits, including nitrates and phosphates, for success for you, and your livestock.

Learn how to use them like the back of your hand.

Also:
Rearech your livestock, before you buy.
 
Thank you so much! So the green coloration is good then? I really appreciate the advice.

He is far away from the pump as well!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new