~ Rainbow Haddoni ~

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefsponge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefsponge

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
630
Reaction score
387
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really excited about adding this beautiful creature to the display tank. I have had it for about a week in a holding tank. I’ve only seen it deflate once and that was prior to dropping a deuce, so feeling pretty comfortable that is healthy and ready to add to the display. It is my first haddoni, and I was a touch leery about adding it to a barebottom tank. I have a wrasse den that I plan on adding about 3” of sand to. Hopefully I can find the sweet spot with lower flow and adequate light to keep it happy and anchored. It will be joining a mixed reef that is anemone dominant. I have never seen a color morph like this in a haddoni before. It is about 7” diameter when fully expanded in the mid day sun.
74E1B987-71AB-41BD-A31F-90F86BE1ADAA.jpeg
17699711-25FB-42B2-AC8A-4D3564A2319A.jpeg
B74CAA17-A88D-41F8-973A-B47B6D12278B.jpeg
 
Beautiful....nice find
 
Absolutely stunning! Looking forward to seeing more updates on this!
 
I wonder what kind of carpet is it?
 
Looks amazing !
 
Very nice. Your Magnifica does not look too bad either. Pictures of the Magnifica please
 
The haddoni is doing great and is a fun creature to gaze at in the tank. It has gained some diameter, probably at ~6”. I don’t directly feed it at all, but it is very sticky and always seems to benefit from fish feeding and coral feeding. The green rim has become more of an aqua. I don’t know which I like more? Phone pics...
E9B2699E-FCAD-47BB-9EA9-695BCC0C88AC.jpeg


And the magnifica is still at it’s perch enjoying itself.

A93C4884-7ECE-470F-AEB5-F3F097FCE5E2.jpeg
 
The haddoni is doing great and is a fun creature to gaze at in the tank. It has gained some diameter, probably at ~6”. I don’t directly feed it at all, but it is very sticky and always seems to benefit from fish feeding and coral feeding. The green rim has become more of an aqua. I don’t know which I like more? Phone pics...
E9B2699E-FCAD-47BB-9EA9-695BCC0C88AC.jpeg


And the magnifica is still at it’s perch enjoying itself.

A93C4884-7ECE-470F-AEB5-F3F097FCE5E2.jpeg

I’m partial to the aqua! Thanks for sharing! Beautiful!
 
Just incredible! I've never seen a carpet with that orange coloration, let alone a bicolored one! I hope she finds a great new home!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new