Raising Alk of Salt

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is best for raising the alk of a salt and should it just be added to the salt then water or should I mix salt then add it? Soda Ash? How much would I need to add to get alk of 7.5 to 8.5 (100 gal).

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix the salt, let things stabilize (aerate it for a while -- give it a few hours unless this is an emergency), measure the alk, then add your alkalinity supplement. Soda ash is fine. Use the linked calculator.

OP
OP
L

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix the salt, let things stabilize (aerate it for a while -- give it a few hours unless this is an emergency), measure the alk, then add your alkalinity supplement. Soda ash is fine. Use the linked calculator.
Thanks! Just 4 more questions o_O
1. I dont see soda ash, I see
1598319186412.png
. Same?

2. I might just use Sodium Bicarb, that's what I choose below right? Best choice for this Randy?

3. It says dissolve in RODI, but I will just add the 2.4 tsp to the salt water right, or use a little RODI?
1598319329213.png

4. Now that I think of it, a separate question came to mind. What if I were dosing, how much RODI would I dissolve it in?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back