Raising nitrates response for Acros

musicreefer320

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
55
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had basically undetectable NO3 and PO4 and have raised my NO3 to 3ppm over the course of two weeks and PO4 to .02. Was curious as to how long it takes acros usually respond in getting more of their color back from a lighter shade, in response to the addition of the nutrients they are now supplied with.
 
I can only speak anecdotally, so take that with a grain of salt, but when I switched one of my tanks from ULNS to higher nutrients, some of my acros started changing in a few weeks, but the majority took 1-3 months before they finally stabilized their coloring. I'm guessing it's pretty variable, but I'd love to hear other's experiences.
 
I had the same issue and the same question.
Does anyone else have experiences?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new