raising pH in a nano

turtle23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new tank and Innovative Marine 25 gal Lagoon set up for approximately a month and a half. This is my second tank my first one was in Fluval Evo 13.5, and I never had any problems with ph. But with this tank no matter what I do I can't raise the pH above 7.7 normally it rests around 7.65 with highs of 7.75. There's not much room to add a proper refugium, and I have considered the protein skimmer and CO2 absorption media route but most of my research has shown that it will only raise it by .1 approximately. I would do kalk, but since I have no Coral due to the lack of pH, Causing my alkalinity would go through the roof. I have been racking my brain with this problem for weeks now and have done countless hours of research with nothing truly promising so hopefully someone on here knows something I don't.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new tank and Innovative Marine 25 gal Lagoon set up for approximately a month and a half. This is my second tank my first one was in Fluval Evo 13.5, and I never had any problems with ph. But with this tank no matter what I do I can't raise the pH above 7.7 normally it rests around 7.65 with highs of 7.75. There's not much room to add a proper refugium, and I have considered the protein skimmer and CO2 absorption media route but most of my research has shown that it will only raise it by .1 approximately. I would do kalk, but since I have no Coral due to the lack of pH, Causing my alkalinity would go through the roof. I have been racking my brain with this problem for weeks now and have done countless hours of research with nothing truly promising so hopefully someone on here knows something I don't.
I wouldn’t worry about pH when you are starting out. Just make sure you have plenty of flow.

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most corals don't care about pH except hard corals, don't wait on your pH to get corals, the corals photosynthesizing raises it the most. That's why it drops so much at night. No photosynthesis. So if you wait till it raises to get corals, it's going to be algae photosynthesizing instead of corals.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about pH in a new tank.

If you wish you could perform aeration test to see if the surrounding co2 level in the room is high.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back