Randall shrimp/goby pair sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Colton.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Colton.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Messages
197
Reaction score
89
Location
Joplin
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sand do you recommend for a randall shrimp/goby pair?
 
I like the caribsea special grade. It's fine enough that any sand sifter or burrower is happy with it, but not so fine that it blows all over the place all the time. My only complaint about it is that I wish they did a thorough job of rinsing it before bagging. You really need to rinse the heck out of it using a filter sock and garden hose before adding it. Even then, you'll still have a dust storm for a few hours.
 
Bahamas oolite?
Fiji pink? or
Aragonite special grade?
 
So fiji pink or special grade?
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new