Random flow generator for Fluval Evo 13.5

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/2". Got mine for my Evo from VCA last year. Works like a charm. I got 6 extra knuckle sections with it, but they aren't really necessary.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two 1/4" that went directly onto the existing knuckles. The main knuckle is 1/2", so you can do what Scottj did. I think most go for the 1/2". If I purchased again, I would go with the 1/2". The 1/4" works but I think it would flow better with the larger.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two 1/4" that went directly onto the existing knuckles. The main knuckle is 1/2", so you can do what Scottj did. I think most go for the 1/2". If I purchased again, I would go with the 1/2". The 1/4" works but I think it would flow better with the larger.
That's right, I forgot it goes from a 1/2" to a 1/4" knuckle! Yes, one 1/2" generator works pretty good. I used it with the stock pump for a while and had good flow. I switched to a Hygger 260, mostly so I had a back up pump.

OP
OP
Reef Jockey

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right, I forgot it goes from a 1/2" to a 1/4" knuckle! Yes, one 1/2" generator works pretty good. I used it with the stock pump for a while and had good flow. I switched to a Hygger 260, mostly so I had a back up pump.
So that means if i kept the existing knuckles and just replaced the nozzle, I would need the 1/4" for the dual nozzle and 1/2" for the single nozzle off of the main knuckle "Y"?

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct - while the 1/4 inch works I feel it does not disperse as much as it would being 1/2 inch, especially with an upgraded pump. I could be wrong, but it seems like having a stronger pump and the reduction size force the water more and doesn't create a nice wide flow.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that means if i kept the existing knuckles and just replaced the nozzle, I would need the 1/4" for the dual nozzle and 1/2" for the single nozzle off of the main knuckle "Y"?
The knuckle on the wall is 1/2". The Y knuckle must be a 1/2" to (2) 1/4" reducer. So to replace the existing 2 nozzles, you would need (2) 1?4" RFG's.

To go single RFG, get (1) 1/2" RFG, ans a few 1/2" knuckles. Extra knuckles are so you can come out a bit from the wall.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back