Random Monti Cap question

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

From all the pictures i see, the monty caps grow horizontally or tilt slightly upwards as it grows and form these nice looking shelves.

my frags were flat when i got them and so I glued them to the edge of my rock. It has taken hold of the rock and started to grow, but it's not growing "flat" or "tilting up". Instead, it's started to bend down and growing downwards. Now it's starting to look like an inverted bell.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if i just got a weird piece? or if it's too high light/flow? Main body of the cap does not look bleached and still has good color so not sure if it's a light issue. The edges a a little white but from what was told this was normal due to growth. It's receiving 300 PAR during peak cycle and pretty decent flow from Nero5.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

From all the pictures i see, the monty caps grow horizontally or tilt slightly upwards as it grows and form these nice looking shelves.

my frags were flat when i got them and so I glued them to the edge of my rock. It has taken hold of the rock and started to grow, but it's not growing "flat" or "tilting up". Instead, it's started to bend down and growing downwards. Now it's starting to look like an inverted bell.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if i just got a weird piece? or if it's too high light/flow? Main body of the cap does not look bleached and still has good color so not sure if it's a light issue. The edges a a little white but from what was told this was normal due to growth. It's receiving 300 PAR during peak cycle and pretty decent flow from Nero5.
Can you post picture . I have some caps grow down the rock some then up.

OP
OP
D

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post picture . I have some caps grow down the rock some then up.
20210204_140834.jpg

The down curve is about 3/4 inch at this point.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white edges is growth. I don’t see an issue . I think it’s just the natural way this monti is growing .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back