Randy Holmes Farley 2 part recipe

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a randy recipe user. I don’t why but the reefkeeping.com site is down since yesterday. I was about to make the new batch today but the site is down and I’m unable to confirm the exact amounts. Specially the magnesium part.
If anyone had screenshot of it please send.

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a randy recipe user. I don’t why but the reefkeeping.com site is down since yesterday. I was about to make the new batch today but the site is down and I’m unable to confirm the exact amounts. Specially the magnesium part.

@uutank FWIW, I wrote recipe 2, part 3a on top of my dosing container.

@Randy Holmes-Farley might have something more official if reefkeeping.com is still down.

20190608_072514.jpg

20190608_075547.jpg

20190608_075551.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@uutank FWIW, I wrote recipe 2, part 3a on top of my dosing container.

@Randy Holmes-Farley might have something more official if reefkeeping.com is still down.

20190608_072514.jpg

20190608_075547.jpg

20190608_075551.jpg

Thank you so much. Can’t explain how much stress I relieved from.
Btw, I don’t know US cup sizes, hence can you convert them to GMs? 1 cup is 150gms correct me if I’m wrong.

OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends, volume vs weight: 1 cup of feathers weighs less than 1 cup of iron.

Did that link not help you?

I gave it read then and today also when i saw this message of yours but i didn’t find anything mentioning 1 cup to gm. Lol Maybe its there but I’m just blind [emoji14] But thanks bro.

OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley Recently I was looking at AF balling method and TM method. I see that they suggest to dose the exact same of the all 3 components( cal, alk, mag), after initial phase the ions will balance and all the 3 will be required in equal dose.
I am using your recipe for almost 8-9 months now, does a stage reach in your formula too when tank ions will balance and all component will be dosed equally?? Currently all 3 are dosed differently in my tank. Should I rather start dosing equally al 3?

Schramstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all of you, i feel lazy but i am trying to find out a recipe which i think Randy’s is to build your own method. But is this also working like for example triton or ati ? So you can work with a alkatronic?
If someone allready asked this before i feel sorry but i couldn’t find it. Any help is welcome!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all of you, i feel lazy but i am trying to find out a recipe which i think Randy’s is to build your own method. But is this also working like for example triton or ati ? So you can work with a alkatronic?
If someone allready asked this before i feel sorry but i couldn’t find it. Any help is welcome!

My several two part recipes can be dosed exactly like any other alkalinity or calcium dosing solutions.

The only limitations are, IMO, to not dose the highest pH versions too fast.

Back