Rapid LED Aurora Freshwater LED

Reefkeeper14

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2011
Messages
203
Reaction score
72
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am currently planning to do a shallow frag tank. I want the tank to be about a 1' tall and 2' by 2' making it around 30 gallons. For lighting I was wanting to use some of the Rapid LED Aurora pucks. When I went to check for the saltwater version of these pucks I did not see any available on Rapid LEDs website any longer. I did find these freshwater pucks on sale

https://www.rapidled.com/aurora-puck-freshwater/
My question is would two of these over the tank described above be enough to grow LPS and some SPS? I read online that these pucks are still pretty blue despite being made for freshwater applications. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Cole Harlow
 
Hello all,

I am currently planning to do a shallow frag tank. I want the tank to be about a 1' tall and 2' by 2' making it around 30 gallons. For lighting I was wanting to use some of the Rapid LED Aurora pucks. When I went to check for the saltwater version of these pucks I did not see any available on Rapid LEDs website any longer. I did find these freshwater pucks on sale

https://www.rapidled.com/aurora-puck-freshwater/
My question is would two of these over the tank described above be enough to grow LPS and some SPS? I read online that these pucks are still pretty blue despite being made for freshwater applications. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Cole Harlow

Hope someone else chimes in as well, but I would probably look elsewhere. While it would probably work, there are better options.

Do you have everything else on hand to make the fixture (heat sink, drivers, driver board, power supply)? If so I would look at either NanoBox V3.1 or BlueAcro pucks.

Or grab a "Blackbox" (Mars Aqua, Viparspectra) and call it a day, they would grow the crap out of your frags for $100.
 
I have everything except for the heatsinks and the LEDs. I will look into those two options!

Thank You for the suggestion
CMH
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new