Rapid LED Onyx Flashing Lights

BlueWorldJeff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2016
Messages
216
Reaction score
95
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Rapid LED Onyx dimmable fixtures. As of yesterday, one of them started flashing the red and green center LEDs and it wont turn on the others.

I plugged a power cord from a different onyx unit in and it worked, so it must be the AC Adapter. Since this is the second unit to do this, I dont have another spare. I ordered one and two splitter cables, but in the meantime, I'd like to try to figure something out to get light onto that side of the tank

I do have a 6 LED blue and white strip that is connected to a Meanwell ELN-60-27P driver that i could hook up in the meanwhile, but not sure how I can dim it. It doesnt have optics, so i need to dim to about 50%. I have computer fans running on my two other onyx units (the internal fans quit on me), could I use that power? or is it too much? The meanwell dimmer circuit is 0-10V. I also have a AA battery tester that holds two AA batteries
 
Raise it way up if you can't dim it.

You may also try some form of cloth in between the light and the tank to dim it.

Just throwing things out there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new