Rapid LED Onyx Flashing Lights

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Rapid LED Onyx dimmable fixtures. As of yesterday, one of them started flashing the red and green center LEDs and it wont turn on the others.

I plugged a power cord from a different onyx unit in and it worked, so it must be the AC Adapter. Since this is the second unit to do this, I dont have another spare. I ordered one and two splitter cables, but in the meantime, I'd like to try to figure something out to get light onto that side of the tank

I do have a 6 LED blue and white strip that is connected to a Meanwell ELN-60-27P driver that i could hook up in the meanwhile, but not sure how I can dim it. It doesnt have optics, so i need to dim to about 50%. I have computer fans running on my two other onyx units (the internal fans quit on me), could I use that power? or is it too much? The meanwell dimmer circuit is 0-10V. I also have a AA battery tester that holds two AA batteries

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise it way up if you can't dim it.

You may also try some form of cloth in between the light and the tank to dim it.

Just throwing things out there.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 112 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back