RapidLED Onyx Lights

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone familiar with the RapidLED Onyx Lights and their setup? The used tank I purchased (and currently cycling) came with 2 of these lights.

If I can still use them, I would prefer to rather than go another route. I am not sure of their age, though...guy told me his tank was only 6 months old, but found out later that he only had it and most of the equipment for 6 months, but most of it was used when he bought it...oh well, live and learn!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED's should be good for 60.000 hrs.
I would figure out how they work and run them for the time being.
In that case it will give you plenty of time to research another light for the reef you will have.
Good luck my friend.
Did you already started a build thread?

OP
OP
Idoc

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case it will give you plenty of time to research another light for the reef you will have.
Good luck my friend.

That's some good advice... I'll give them a try and see how they are working... and make sure all the LED diodes are working!

Yes, the build thread is finally started...I hope to update it tonight and bring it up to date. I started cycling the tank 4 days ago. Here's the thread...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/idocs-first-reef-tank-build-75g.317135/

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ZachsZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are awesome, my LFS has 3, 4 year old fixtures running on a 180 reef with sps and they are great

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck my friend.

8 hours a day x 365 days in a year = 2920 hours. 60000 divided by 2920 is 20 years! Lol. Ten years would be beyond exceptional! Seriously!

Yep, they should be good for some time.

OP
OP
Idoc

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 hours a day x 365 days in a year = 2920 hours. 60000 divided by 2920 is 20 years! Lol. Ten years would be beyond exceptional! Seriously!

Yep, they should be good for some time.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that aquarium LEDs are really only good for about 5 years? Therefore, to be careful with used lights. But I could be getting early dementia and have no clue about what I have and haven't read, lol. I'm definitely going to get them setup and see if they are working. No clue how to use them or set/program them, though.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could have sworn I read somewhere that aquarium LEDs are really only good for about 5 years? Therefore, to be careful with used lights. But I could be getting early dementia and have no clue about what I have and haven't read, lol. I'm definitely going to get them setup and see if they are working. No clue how to use them or set/program them, though.

I still have the first EM Radion and it is still rocking on a nano.
Light is about 7 years old.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol, yep. Honestly, they are decent lights. They are just the version before their "Corona" lights. Not well known and owned, but of the owners I've seen online, they liked them.

http://www.rapidled.com/

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back