OP
OP
RareEarthCorals

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked at your tank and its a sweet looking tank. You have some large and in charge corals. As much as I would love to have bigger tanks, Its not in the cards for me. I can barely manage this one and wait for good days to do water changes or major clean ups. I just awe and gawk at others in the game. The same analogy applies to boats as fish tanks. Its great to have friends that have them.

mike wilson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks its funny people tell me I have a big tank because it's a 90g but I always sit here and complain that I want bigger like a 300g lol. I am like you though I love living through others on these forums

OP
OP
RareEarthCorals

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300-been there and dont want to relive it. I dont get any less enjoyment from my 29. That beautiful show piece looks the same in either tank.

mike wilson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I agree I just seem to run out of room for Corals because I got my wife interested in the hobby lol so now it's a double edged sword so to speak

OP
OP
RareEarthCorals

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

OP
OP
RareEarthCorals

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, now to sit back and look where best fits will work out and how she grows, lords with lords, zoes with zoes and so on.

IdahoNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely watching this! I'm going to be starting up by Biocube 29 here in a month and really like the way yours is going. Would you mind one day taking a pic of your chambers and how the filter is set up?

Thanks a ton!

OP
OP
RareEarthCorals

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely watching this! I'm going to be starting up by Biocube 29 here in a month and really like the way yours is going. Would you mind one day taking a pic of your chambers and how the filter is set up?

Thanks a ton!

Thanks IdahoNano, it works great and a lot of thanks goes to Reefthuz on youtube since it is a copy of his set up. There isnt much to see so here is a breakdown based on each chamber.

Flow Placement
Chamber1>Protein Skimmer and Thermometer

Chamber2>PolyFilter>Purigen>Poly Filter>2 Sponges>1 Liter of Martix>Phosguard/Martix Carbon

Chamber3>Pump>UV Filter

Hope this is helpful.

Judy@SYA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This! This is what I want to learn how to build and maintain. Thank you for the beautiful pictures and great info. I'm absorbing it all as I figure out exactly how I want to get started in this awesome hobby.

OP
OP
RareEarthCorals

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Judy@SYA, I have loved every step. If you need any help or suggestions I will be happy to help. I always say, take my advice but research and verify until you understand and feel comfortable with your decisions. Im here to help anyway I can.

Judy@SYA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I'm sure I'll take you up on that. There's so much to learn, it's rather daunting. But understanding WHY I'm making each decision is critical to me and "hands on" is the best way to learn, at least for me. Still got a little ways to go before things get truly physical here, but hopefully soon because I can hardly wait to get started.

OP
OP
RareEarthCorals

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Update, my Goni, leather, hammer, duncan, and blasto are all blowing up. I have new growth and heads everwhere. The zoas have gone from 8 to 11 heads. Everybody seems happy and so am I. I will be working on the back of the tank with some fill in like pusating xenia and a few other tall corals.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back