Rare plate coral colors

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the more rare plate coral colors? Is marbling or streaking common?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red, purple, rainbow. Marbling and streaking are less common than solid, but not a lot more.

CJ

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have one that is a gold or orange with a bunch of purple streaks and green speckled tentacles and was wondering how common the color was. It is the only plate I have ever bought but thought it was pretty cool. Sounds like it isn't to uncommon, I've just never seen one like it but don't look at a lot of plates. I mostly look at zoas :)

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just swooped the sickest plate coral I've ever seen in person during my last trip to the bay. It's got a sheen to it that can only be appreciated in person. Bright orange mouth, crazy green/orange streaking with a yellow iridescence. I'll see if I can get a decent pic up.

Pic from the store after they got it in, does it no justice what so ever.

plate.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That plate is way more crazy then the one I have...I got mine off of eBay for twenty bucks because nobody bid on it. Orange and purple and the fingers are turning green.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343868559.868007.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343868576.021148.jpg

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick ! Would look killer next too the yellow plate dnov has
Yeah man it's a gem for sure, probably the most impressive coral in the tank, and you know I'm a stickhead at heart. I need to get one of my buddy's over here with a legit camera to see if we can get a pic that does it justice.

bct15-That is an awesome morph, for an insane good deal. You straight stole the guy, great score for sure.

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow, Blue, Pink, Red, Rainbow.... In no particular order.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just swooped the sickest plate coral I've ever seen in person during my last trip to the bay. It's got a sheen to it that can only be appreciated in person. Bright orange mouth, crazy green/orange streaking with a yellow iridescence. I'll see if I can get a decent pic up.

plate.jpg

I saw that at AC's shop on the weekend it came in. The pic is pretty darn close to what it looks like but like you said, it pops in person! I just couldn't eat the price they wanted for that beauty, glad to hear a fellow R2Rer has it.

FishScale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

plate.jpg

You're right josh, that pic is no good compared to in person. Glad to see its doing well in your tank.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right josh, that pic is no good compared to in person. Glad to see its doing well in your tank.
Yeah man, pretty stoked on this one.

buddythelion-This pic was taken pretty much the day they got it in, or soon after. It may have been indicative of how it looked then; but the coral sat there for ~ 2months before I made the trip up there; it had changed a lot. I couldn't believe they hadn't sold it yet when he told me he had it for that long. It is quite different in person, this pic doesn't show the true green and orange this thing displays. Glad you passed on it lol!

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is one that i just picked up, not sure if it is rare or not, but i thought it was cool. its purple with neon green...

8de512ab.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 143 40.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 178 50.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 9.1%
Back