Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1664505745760.jpeg

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fairy Gobies (Tryssogobius group) are super amazing but rarely collected due to the fact they live in deeper water near seamounts and they're so small and skittish that divers have a hard time finding / catching them. Yet their size and color are absolutely stunning. The species that sometimes make it into imports are the T. Coloni, T. Sarah, and T. Longipes but they're still really hard to find. They're usually labeled as just "Blue eyed ring goby" but if there's a latin name then you'll known exactly which species.

If I did these I'd do more than 3, but tbf the most I've seen for sale on an import list at one time was 4 before Covid hit, and the other time I saw them, only 2 were available. I'm on the hunt for these guys, a dream fish for sure.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peekaboo :)
898FAA8D-7136-46C0-8B11-BEC74A4E2DA2.jpeg

This is a goby I own currently and honestly, I don’t plan on having another in my 3’ tank. In fact I wrote an article about this species and their relative not so long ago. In my 3’ tank, these guys vanish for several weeks and although I don’t mind having a fish that vanishes I would rather see it Atleast once a week and know it is healthy.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fairy Gobies (Tryssogobius group) are super amazing but rarely collected due to the fact they live in deeper water near seamounts and they're so small and skittish that divers have a hard time finding / catching them. Yet their size and color are absolutely stunning. The species that sometimes make it into imports are the T. Coloni, T. Sarah, and T. Longipes but they're still really hard to find. They're usually labeled as just "Blue eyed ring goby" but if there's a latin name then you'll known exactly which species.

If I did these I'd do more than 3, but tbf the most I've seen for sale on an import list at one time was 4 before Covid hit, and the other time I saw them, only 2 were available. I'm on the hunt for these guys, a dream fish for sure.
This is a genus I also love, if I could find Tryssogobius sarah for a decent price and get a pair or trio then I’d happily do that. And if I could pair up my griessingeri then I would also enjoy that (Mine is going over the 1 year life expectancy).

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This is a goby I own currently and honestly, I don’t plan on having another in my 3’ tank. In fact I wrote an article about this species and their relative not so long ago. In my 3’ tank, these guys vanish for several weeks and although I don’t mind having a fish that vanishes I would rather see it Atleast once a week and know it is healthy.
Nice. Great fish always wanted one. Didn’t know u had it already.

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

think you could get your hands on a discordipinna filamentosa specimen?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think you could get your hands on a discordipinna filamentosa specimen?
Hopefully I can! I would love to have my current one with his relative but finding one is going to be more than difficult.
Not that it's that rare but one of my all time favorite small fish is a Ruby Red Dragonet...they eat a ton of pods though
This is another that I love to look at :)
Going to my LFS tomorrow and seeing what they can do with one of the fish I’m pretty set on (Centropyge multicolour) - I don’t think my deresa will agree though. Hopefully they can find one that won’t nip clams or coral.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
See if you can get a curious wormfish. They're weird little things, and seem to be really uncommon in the hobby, but mine's pretty easy. A couple of small complications; it wants frozen food only, and I had to train it to take food from midwater. It only ate off the bottom for about a week. It's now eating out of midwater no problem, it just needed a little target-feeding. Very worth it, though, they're really cool and definitely unusual. Shouldn't bother anything, shouldn't be bothered.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you consider yourself experienced, you could try a curious wormfish (Gunnelichthys curiosus).
I have one of these. Curious why you'd say they require experience? Mine will only take frozen foods so far, and I had to teach it to eat food from midwater instead of the bottom of the tank, but that's not overly tricky. Just needed a little target-feeding until it learned.

(By any chance do you have experience with these? I'm trying to find out if they do better in groups, as all I can find online is that they can be kept in groups if introduced at the same time, not whether they need it.)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back