Rattz 30g Softie build.

Today the tank has been set up for 4 months. I'm very happy with the progress so far. All the zoo's I picked up from WWC are doing well and open up every day. I have started placing them around the tank to find their final locations. My order of Reef Goodies came from Marine Depot today and I'm super excited.
20181002_141645.jpg
I installed the new wet side for the MP10 after a vinegar bath for an hour and a good rinse. I'll tell you swapping out the dirt on for a clean one and placing the crusty one in the bath is quite satisfying.. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on that order.
Got more Copper tests for the Hanna and some poly-filter to pull it out after the 30 day mark.
 
I also got my Coral View lense kit from PolypLab. Talk about an awesome little gadget. The 2 different Spectrum lenses as well as the 10x macro was far superior than any of the other phone lenses out there.. My pictures look so much nicer now.. WOW!
20181002_142021.jpg
No filter
20181002_142050.jpg
20,000K
20181002_142257.jpg
15,000K
20181002_142402.jpg
Macro/15K
 
The XP Aqua ATO came today also. I'll likely install that on Sunday.. I just filled the reactor with GAC/GFO for a few days to give the water a polish.. I've been noticing the few tiny tufts of HA starting to grow out and decided it could use the extra PO4 reduction for a week. I'm anxious to see how the surface skimming on this thing works.. The oily film on the water surface is quite ugly at times. Ill update how it functions the pumps for this thing are super tiny smaller than a matchbox car. Its spose to pump to 8'. I don't need to go nearly that high though.
 
I also got my Coral View lense kit from PolypLab. Talk about an awesome little gadget. The 2 different Spectrum lenses as well as the 10x macro was far superior than any of the other phone lenses out there.. My pictures look so much nicer now.. WOW!
20181002_142021.jpg
No filter
20181002_142050.jpg
20,000K
20181002_142257.jpg
15,000K
20181002_142402.jpg
Macro/15K

Looks excellent! Wow on that Macro shot!
 
Installed the XP Aqua ATO and overflow box. So far I'm happy with it.. super quiet and a very small footprint. The surface skimming is nice..
20181005_190947.jpg 20181005_191108.jpg
Plus I like how it keeps the water line above the rim of the tank. It is alot less sensitive to wave action than my float switch was..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new