RBT nem behavior?

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it was the 9th of September i added a small Rainbow Bubble Tip. From WWC as im lucky enough to live at least close enough to be worth driving to every few weeks or so. I talked with a nice fellow before purchasing and he gave me a load of side eyes(believe i told the story in my build thread if anyone is interested otherwise wont bore ya also include a breif synopsis regarding the nem further below for optional reading)

Normally at lights out it would still reach a bit a with some tentacles but last 2 nights its been closing up completely as soon as the light(red sea reef led 90 for those familiar how it opperates)moves onto the moonlight(28 day moon phase is enabled) but opening perfectly fine during the daylight phase.

Is this normal and was it just staying extended before while it was adjusting or could this be an early sign of a potential problem? Id rather not kill it knowing i took a risk of introducing it too early and if i can see a problem arise and donate it back to the store in a state they will accept it thatd be most preferable. I just ubderstand they also have minds of their own and preferences so dont want to assume anything yet on such a new tank.

Thank you!

For those not inclined for the story and build thread. I wanted to take a risk and hopefully grow the anenome with the tank and original clowns. I started with an old school steryl(but with carib sea live sand) and deli shrimp cycle. Ammonia and nitrite hit 0 nitrate was up so added clowns and nem and a week later the first bit of cuc(was scared theyd starve even then but seem to be doing well)

So fully knowing the risks and and suggestions or rules of having a more established tank and with some good conversation with the store employee I added the nem to a very new tank and decided to just keep a close eye.

I hope it is doing well and happy but as a first timer if something is turning south and i can save it by donating it back to the store id be happy to do so versus killing it.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most anemones, including bubble tip anemones, have a mind of their own. There are some common behaviors and there are things that some will do occasionally, and other never do. I wouldn't worry too much about this one.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are getting a normal light response, some peoples BTA stay open under moon cycle. As long as you have a reaction to changing light, and its still opening like it should. All is good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back