RBTA dead?? Please help!

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
9,699
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help!! Yesterday I added a blue maxima clam and a cherub angel. Today my RBTA is totally retracted?? Pics of RBTA from yesterday and right now. I don’t know how this could’ve happened!
E8D61E72-1D2C-4DCD-AE68-DDF5C0B83A3A.jpeg
B0707112-3739-494D-B7F8-5A552B7689B6.jpeg
CE039DCB-337A-4849-948A-00F72F0766D5.jpeg

cherub and clam
CE37AE33-B5A1-4AF5-B0A8-70D079650861.jpeg
3F631726-2C77-4A69-B3AB-FB412333E747.jpeg
 
It’s completely retracted into the green foot, no visible abrasions, markings, or parasites. I’ve never ever seen it like this before. Not during the transport from LFS or at night or anything. Completely lost the bubbles too, any ideas?
 
It's unhappy. I'd leave it alone and it will probably be fine.
 
It’s definitely not splitting right? It’s tripled in size since I got it so I’ve been hoping for a split.
 
It’s definitely not splitting right? It’s tripled in size since I got it so I’ve been hoping for a split.
Doesn't look like a split. This looks normal. Mine does this every night. Some never do it and then randomly does it.

Just monitor and check in morning. I bet it will be back to normal. Keep us posted.
 
Thanks y’all. I was really freaking out because I thought I introduced a pathogen or something cause I didn’t QT the clam. It was so expensive and ik that the little ones are super sensitive so I opted not to. What a relief!
 
You can walk past the aquarium and mysteriously do something that ticks off an anemone... they're strange but awesome creatures.
 
take it out when it turn muscusy that’s when it’s dying
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new