RBTA looks unhealthy... help

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup looks like you have ammonia. When Was that test done? FYI Nems are VERY sensitive to ammonia.

The fact it’s been moving is probably an attempt to find more light. But first try the water change and see if it perks up. If it does you’ll have to do regular daily water changes for a while until your tank finishes cycling.

May want to get some of the nitrifying bacteria like Dr Tim’s or biospira. And agreelight upgrade will have to come if you plan to keep it long term.

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my RBTA 2 days ago, just fed it for the first time today. Today it started to widen out and looks like a faded black almost. It still has original bright color and still flinches in when touched. I fed it today and it seemed to have went in the mouth. What can I do to make it healthier??

It will take a while to acclimate to the new tank. Give it a week or two. Also I wouldn't be feeding it until after it settles in.

The other issues would be the tank is new, water parameter stability in a 13 gallon tank. IMO that tank will get too small pretty quickly.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The API kits regularly show .25 ammonia; given the nitrite and nitrate levels, I dont believe ammonia to be an issue.

My API kit always tested 0[emoji23] Which I thought was kinda odd. So I tested in a bucket of Ammonia water and it read 0. Well heck. That’s not right! So yes API kits aren’t the most accurate. But it’s a starting point...Maybe.

As for the OP, your tank is very young yet. Their is almost certainly swings in a few of your parameters through the day. That is why they recommend you wait 6-8months before you consider getting an Anemone. Anemones can be very picky when it comes to water chemistry and need stable parameters.

-Zack

oracle86d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it alone and watch ur parameters and not can stay right side up. Don’t feed It again til it gets more established. Good luck with that.

Back