RBTA PRoblems????

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone explain what is going on with my RBTA. It started looking bad about 3 weeks ago, split 2 weeks ago an looking deformed and unhealthy

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

mak060

Reluctant Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Browns. Tough situation. I have a 2-year-old, red BT in my mostly SPS tank (halides/T5) that began to decline when I moved him to a mostly LPS tank (compact fluorescents). In the lower lit tank he started wandering around and got himself caught in a circulating pump. I moved him back to the first tank and he recovered 100%. If BTs are are healthy enough to move, they'll wander till they find just the right amount of light, and I suppose current. Water quality was the same in both tanks. I rarely feed him directly, but the Marrons do. Hope others can help more.

The Big Tuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bro,
Don't sweat it, they tend to look like crap for awhile after a split. Requires alot of energy expenditure from the Nem. It should be fine in awhile, try feeding him a little extra. Can't agree more wt mak060, these are extremly high light animals. I keep mine under natural sunlight in less than 2" of water from the tanks surface. This much light would kill almost ANY coral out there, but the Nems just love it!!!

Good luck,
Joshua

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Give it a few more weeks and it'll look as good as new. The momma's take some time to get their figure back:D.

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you can put something over it like a cage to protect it a bit from the clowns. This will help it heal and not be bothered by them.

Back