RBTA Split and Fire Red Shrimp Molted Same Night. Good, Bad, or Indifferent?

Fortier’s Fish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Carmel
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Rose Bubble Tip Anemone has yet to have bubble like tentacles since I got it over a month ago. Shortly before receiving the anemone the previous owner told me it had split, mine being the mother.

I got a fire red shrimp also about a month ago and it has molted three times already.

Last night my anemone split and my shrimp molted. Is this coincidence or is it a sign? I don’t know if it’s good, bad or irrelevant.

I have a 10 gallon nano tank that I started a couple months ago. I used live rock from my main 75 and CaribSea Arab-Live as substrate. I have a Fluval Sea blower and a small box filter hooked to an air stone. My corals are doing amazing. I have 2 clown fish and an engineer goby along with a few shrimp and snails.

I did a 30% water change Monday and started using Coral Essentials recently. I have been feeding flakes, frozen mysis and baby brine.
 
The shrimp is growing still, other wise no molt
The nem will be an issue . How many can your tank hold if it keeps splitting. Once a month is 12 per year
 
The shrimp is growing still, other wise no molt
The nem will be an issue . How many can your tank hold if it keeps splitting. Once a month is 12 per year
That tank can maybe hold one more split but I have a 75 than I could move some too and I have lfs and Facebook groups I could sell or trade to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new