RBTA Splitting for the First Time

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my RBTA is splitting. I've had it for 1 year and it's has grown to a pretty good size. I bought it when it was fairly small. Water parameters are good, and it really hasn't moved of the rock that I put it on when I bought it. It's in my 180G FOWLR and I feed benepets reef pellets about once a week. I believe it is just reproducing but is there anything special that I need to do for it when it splits?

20240314_142426.jpg

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan to remove it from the tank you can stack a few tiles or rocks around it to help get it out. If you do plan to remove it, I would leave it in that tank in an isolation box or bowl a couple weeks while it recovers though. If you have no plans to remove it you can just let it do its thing.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there actually two anemones? It is hard for us to see from that pictures. Just because it grows, it does not mean that it split. What make you think that it “..is splitting “?
If it splitted, congratulations. There ia nothing special you need to DS for it. If you want to move or take it out of the tank, just have smaller rocks around it so that when it move apart, you can remove it on the rock it is on.

OP
OP
M

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there actually two anemones? It is hard for us to see from that pictures. Just because it grows, it does not mean that it split. What make you think that it “..is splitting “?
If it splitted, congratulations. There ia nothing special you need to DS for it. If you want to move or take it out of the tank, just have smaller rocks around it so that when it move apart, you can remove it on the rock it is on.
I'll try to get a better picture but when I look at the disk, it looks like there's 2 mouths now. That's why I thought it was splitting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back