RBTA String?

gavinz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2022
Messages
275
Reaction score
193
Location
san diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what this white string stuff is that’s around my RBTA? It’s never really a lot but I do notice it quite often.

8A4AE81F-8DF3-4210-8ED8-AD73086A609F.jpeg 411A9EC1-9960-4CD5-8D2B-4A9EBDCFF982.jpeg
 
hello, it is most likely algae. I am not an expert on anemones however do own one, and have not see this before.
 
That’s just mucus. Nothing to worry about.
 
Picture too blue for me- I see nothing
 
That’s just mucus. Nothing to worry about.
Thanks! Got this guy about 2-3 weeks ago and I thought I had my tank running for 5 months or so but it’s only been 2-3 (I’m bad with time I know) and I know that’s not always ideal for nems but so far I’ve yet to have any issues with it
 

Attachments

  • E76D2B28-689E-472A-9764-5B3DCA0CA538.jpeg
    E76D2B28-689E-472A-9764-5B3DCA0CA538.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 6E5727F2-72A1-4EC2-8FFE-96A95D180623.jpeg
    6E5727F2-72A1-4EC2-8FFE-96A95D180623.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 93D5E830-2D65-411F-8E64-B738124A2108.jpeg
    93D5E830-2D65-411F-8E64-B738124A2108.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 8E42E0CC-679E-4843-BCC1-82A84C356173.jpeg
    8E42E0CC-679E-4843-BCC1-82A84C356173.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 63
Oh that. Agree, looks like mucus. You can confirm by blowing off gently with a turkey baster . Should dislodge
 
Oh that. Agree, looks like mucus. You can confirm by blowing off gently with a turkey baster . Should dislodge
Sweet thanks for the quick response! Other than that does it appear to be healthy? Or anything that y’all can see from those photos that I should watch out for?
 
Sweet thanks for the quick response! Other than that does it appear to be healthy? Or anything that y’all can see from those photos that I should watch out for?
Looks good actually and do feed it mysis shrimp and small pieces of chopped krill. have a little fun- Drop food on the tentacles and the nem will draw it towards its' mouth
 
I’ve been feeding it chopped up pieces of frozen shrimp about twice a week and sometimes it’ll get some reef roids that float around
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new