Rbta twisted itself up today... is it okay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nano Gabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nano Gabe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
484
Reaction score
155
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trunk is twisted but everything else looks good in the tank. No recent changes so I have no idea why it’s twisted.
 
Can you post a pic ?
 
IMG_1312.JPG
 
I've had them twist up before but that's pretty severe, and I don't like that color change. Glad it untwisted (more or less) spontaneously. :)
 
Wow! If that was a testicle we would call it torsion! :D:p Looks painful!

I've never seen that but I'm glad it straightened out by itself..kind of. Do you think some turbulent flow in the area could have caused it?
 
Hmmm not sure kinda just random we’ll see if it happens again
 
Happens - don't let it stress you out. My BTAs will literally tie themselves in knots sometimes. They are absolutely ridiculous creatures.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new