Rdpd vs wwc rainbow blastos

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know the difference between these two blastos? The seem to have the exact same coloring to me.

Please let me know your opinions and if you have any blastos that are similar or look better, please share

download (4).jpeg download (3).jpeg

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those your pictures?
I have a colony of WWC Rainbow Blasto but they are not anywhere near those from your pictures.
I fragged some the other days and you could see more colors

Attachments

• 20231014_080720.jpg
    20231014_080720.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 61
  • 20231105_171700.jpg
    20231105_171700.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 61

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they are not my pictures.
Then they are most likely photoshop/enhanced if they were from retailers.
Yes, I could see different colors on mine but they are no where near the "Rainbow or Vibrant" as those pictures. However it is still very beautiful in person and one of my favorite.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then they are most likely photoshop/enhanced if they were from retailers.
Yes, I could see different colors on mine but they are no where near the "Rainbow or Vibrant" as those pictures. However it is still very beautiful in person and one of my favorite.
There is a high chance for the pictures to be enhanced. I don't think they can add colors though. Meaning the purple and green are there rather than on yours.

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a high chance for the pictures to be enhanced. I don't think they can add colors though. Meaning the purple and green are there rather than on yours.
You must be new to online sellers! Most photos are highly edited and enhanced. Yes,they could add any color they want with simple editing software.
Anyhow, I know several reefers with Rainbow Blasto from various sources, kept under various types of lights and I could tell you that I have never seen any Blasto that colorfully in person.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be new to online sellers! Most photos are highly edited and enhanced. Yes,they could add any color they want with simple editing software.
Anyhow, I know several reefers with Rainbow Blasto from various sources, kept under various types of lights and I could tell you that I have never seen any Blasto that colorfully in person.
Instead of trying to turn this into an argument, would you mind just answering the question that I asked for this thread? If you don't have anything useful to say please keep scrolling.

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe most of the wwc rainbow blastos stay red similir to what @Natural_Reefer posted. Eventually they do develop the purple but it isnt as pronounced as the RDPD. The RDPD tends to develop the purple pretty quick on some of the new heads. Here's a couple pictures i found online of the RDPD so you can see how pronounced the purple is.

1699485152092.png
1699485160644.png

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to add another blasto to this conversation which is the deadpool blast and it's personally my favorite of the 3. This one develops purple blotches throughout as it grows out. It does not have the green color that the other 2 corals have but I really like this one because of how nice the orange and purple contrast each other. For me personally the green is a little too distracting and not as complementary to the two other colors.
1699485320373.png

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to add another blasto to this conversation which is the deadpool blast and it's personally my favorite of the 3. This one develops purple blotches throughout as it grows out. It does not have the green color that the other 2 corals have but I really like this one because of how nice the orange and purple contrast each other. For me personally the green is a little too distracting and not as complementary to the two other colors.
1699485320373.png
I have heard alot of people say deadpools are there favorite. Is the green really that bad for the rspd's contrast? I would think the rdpd would be the upgrade.

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard alot of people say deadpools are there favorite. Is the green really that bad for the rspd's contrast? I would think the rdpd would be the upgrade.
It's really just a personal preference. for me the orange and purple contrast each other perfectly and have a nice clean look which allow you to appreciate the coral as a whole. I think the green creates unnecessary distraction and makes every head it's own focal point (maybe that's a good thing?). Either way any of these corals will be a great addition to your tank if you do decide to get one!

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m late to the party on this but I ran across it looking for other examples of rainbow blastos. These are my rainbow blastos, I don’t have any lineage, just said they were rainbow blastos, got them in a trade and they were all red/orange when I got them. I have been told they look like the RDPD, but I don’t know.
IMG_0492.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back