Re-measured all the PAR on my clams

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 18 clams between two display systems, and yesterday due to a large mag and small gigs walking around I re-worked some aquascape and lighting and re-tested the PAR in my 200cm display. Average PAR for all my clams is about 600 (I'm using end-to-end ATI Stratons at full power except green channel, about a ~14k look). They've been under these conditions for a few months, before the average PAR was about 425 under 14k MH. I'm definitely seeing faster growth in SPS and clams at 600+ than I was at 400+. I also saw a similar increase in growth when I lowered the lights some on my smaller display to go from ~400 to ~550 (same light, just more PAR).

The above measurements are not including the indirect and/or direct NSL everything gets which can ramp par to 1500+ if it's sunny outside.

Just thought I'd share FWIW :)

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 18 clams between two display systems, and yesterday due to a large mag and small gigs walking around I re-worked some aquascape and lighting and re-tested the PAR in my 200cm display. Average PAR for all my clams is about 600 (I'm using end-to-end ATI Stratons at full power except green channel, about a ~14k look). They've been under these conditions for a few months, before the average PAR was about 425 under 14k MH. I'm definitely seeing faster growth in SPS and clams at 600+ than I was at 400+. I also saw a similar increase in growth when I lowered the lights some on my smaller display to go from ~400 to ~550 (same light, just more PAR).

The above measurements are not including the indirect and/or direct NSL everything gets which can ramp par to 1500+ if it's sunny outside.

Just thought I'd share FWIW :)
Are you measuring with the apogee?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back