Re-setting a controller on a Vectra M2 issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,255
Reaction score
11,194
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Shut my Vectra M2 off yesterday for a water change.
Went to power it back up and there was nothing.
I wasn't looking at the controller when I hit the power button on my dj strip so I don't know if there were any lights on it.
So I pulled the controller out and hit power again and I got a red, then purple, then green flash and then off.

I figured a power cycle was in order, but how can you do that when no lights come on after the first couple seconds.

So then I held the mode and the set button down as I plugged in the power and after several tries, got a flashing red, the blue light.
I could press and hold all or any combination of buttons after that and nothing changed.

Hate to have to by a new controller after only 4 years.
 

Attachments

  • 20240601_065756.mp4
    14.8 MB
  • 20240601_093314.mp4
    5.2 MB
There is a control lockout with holding the set button IIRC.

Do you have reef link or Mobius, you can lock/unlock the controller with the software.
The instructions I found were to hold the mode and the set button until the dial blinks red white and blue.
With no power going to the controller will having a reef link or Mobius matter?
 
Follow up on this issue.

I contacted ETM and was advised to send it to them for evaluation.
The day after they received the pump they called me and told me that there was a component in the controller ( I forgot exactly) and that it would be $70 to repair. I weighed the cost of a new controller ( $114) vs the $70 and figured I should spend the $70 and have a working pump.
I received a follow up email once it was shipped. They said there was some wear in the pump body so they replaced that for free.

So I guess that works out for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new