reactor choice for DIY chaeto setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter chriss1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chriss1992

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
194
Reaction score
69
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw this chaeto reactor on reddit using a fluidized reactor and wrapped an led strip around it and it looked pretty cool could I use this BRS reactor for the same setup?
this is the reactor setup I'm looking to accomplish It will sit on the floor about 3 feet under the tank
 
I think you will want a clear reactor and one that you can stick your arm down to clean with a magic eraser or something. My problem I ran into with mine was how difficult it was to clean since a tube of acrylic is tricky.
 
I bought the reactor from MD Aqamax and wrapped LED's around it Have not put in action yet
I bought these below . Its for my 32 gallon cube
Aqamax Reactor
LED grow light

The BRS version I would say might harder to clean. But time will tell if mine will work or be easy to clean as well. I was trying on the cheap end as you can buy the ready made reactors for 300 dollars or so setup for algae reactors .
If you want to see how mine looks without the cheato or in use just the lights I have a short clip
Cheato Reactor Build
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new