Ready for acros? / suggestions

ArchXIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I added in my first sps corals, bubblegum digi, Monti cap, and an anacropora, with the goal to be to have at least one acro in the tank. I'm already noticing growth on all of them, and when I got the digi it had a lot of brown, which is regaining color. I added in my first coral roughly ten months ago, and haven't had any die on me, I mostly have LPS with the "hardest" to keep probably being my alvropora, also had an elegance for nine months.. That out grew its spot in my tank so I had to sell it.

My parameters are stable, I don't chase numbers so long as my corals are happy, and my parameters are in an acceptable range. Right now my alk / cal / mag are still handled with water changes, although I have all for reef on standby for when I see that I need to start dosing, and already have a dozer picked out.

I feel like I might be ready to put in my first acropora, and was wanting suggestions for some on the slightly easier / cheaper end.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you have high variable flow and proper lighting, as well as knowing your daily consuption of alkalinity and calcium, it should be fine.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't go wrong with PC Rainbow, Cali Tort, or stags in general. Very hardy and inexpensive. There are many more but those are a few that would work for you.

OP
OP
ArchXIII

ArchXIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't go wrong with PC Rainbow, Cali Tort, or stags in general. Very hardy and inexpensive. There are many more but those are a few that would work for you.
I like the pc and the Cali a lot! If I can find a frag of the Cali around me I might just try that first! Maybe both. I need to stop my coral buying spree.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA corals are chosen to be both colorful and mostly hardy. Current or past ORA editions of corals are a good place to start. These usually do not have too high of a price tag.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back