ready to start dosing. now I have a question!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my 4 channel doser to start the triton system. Here's my question. If you mix the two parts do you dose twice as much as the two that are not combined? My concern is if you're dosing 10 ml of product then do you dose 30 ml if you combine 3A and 3b? My concern is if you don't combine you'll be dosing 40 ml.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my 4 channel doser to start the triton system. Here's my question. If you mix the two parts do you dose twice as much as the two that are not combined? My concern is if you're dosing 10 ml of product then do you dose 30 ml if you combine 3A and 3b? My concern is if you don't combine you'll be dosing 40 ml.

I don't quite follow you but here is the breakdown of how to dose it.

When not mixing parts 3a and 3b- Make 4 stock solutions of 10liters each (one solution for each part 9 liters of ro/di water to 1 liter of base elementz. For part 1 you will need roughly 9 and 2/3rds liters of ro/di water since this part is in granular form). Then dose all the same pr day at a starting dose of 10ml pr 25 gallons of tank water. For example if you have a 75 gallon tank start by dosing 30ml of each solution pr day. Its best to spread the doses out over the course of the day.

When you are combining parts 3a and 3b, this solution will comprise of 8 liters of ro/di water and 2 liters of base elementz. Mix the 3a with 8 liters of ro first then after 10 min mix in the 3b. Dosing stays the same as above except that you now have only 3 channels instead of 4 to worry about. By combing the parts, you are not changing the ratio of elements to water, you are simply dissolving more elementz in roughly the same amount of water. Hope this clears things up.

OP
OP
J

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it! I just reread my post and I sound drunk! Is there a way around the crystalizing issue if the 3a/b are combined?

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it! I just reread my post and I sound drunk! Is there a way around the crystalizing issue if the 3a/b are combined?

Haha. I sometimes write at night after a few glasses of wine then wake up in the morning and fear that I may have wrote something weird. So far so good I think.

If you mix the 3a and 3b like I suggested you should be ok. If you want, another person suggested (and it is a good idea) to double the amount of solution in the 3a and 3b section. 18 liters of water plus 3a and 3b would equal 20 liters total. You would want to double this channels daily dose amount compared to channel 1 and 2 however. This lower concentration should really help to thwart crystallization.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back