Supplemental dosing for Alkalinity

Andrew Stevens

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2019
Messages
181
Reaction score
71
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I’ve used All For Reef with a lot of success over the last year or so. My parameters have just gotten a little out of whack over the last month or so, with Alkalinity being between 7-8, Calcium > 530 and Magnesium > 1400.

I’ve stopped dosing and will do some water changes to get the Calcium and Magnesium a little lower. But my question: what should I dose to increase alkalinity? I’ve been considering Soda Ash as my ph is usually 8.1-8.2. Any thoughts on Soda Ash versus other supplements? Also, if I need to dose via a doser what would you recommend for increasing alkalinity?

Thanks,
Andrew
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new