Real Australian Live Rock Back!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order with Eric! He was very responsive through text and answered all of my questions. I was pleasantly surprised with the interaction. Look forward to getting some quality live rock!!

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are down to 15 lbs of rock....fully cycled/cured. All rock sizes available......more rock coming soon. If you are in need of 5 lbs or more, just let me know and we can get it out next week.

Best regards to you all!

Eric

Attachments

• tempImageq7QljQ.png
    tempImageq7QljQ.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
  • tempImagemqfgHu.png
    tempImagemqfgHu.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
  • tempImageIWNXf4.png
    tempImageIWNXf4.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 115

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Eric for the rock. There are a few branches and corals that look to be alive? This rock smells fresh and I dropped it in the tank where 5 lbs filled the corner of my wife's fish tank nicely. I maybe should have purchased more, not because I need it but simply because it's so beautiful.

Empty corner with cycled man-made rock that has been in the fish tank since I set up last year.
IMG_0010.jpg

Rock dropped in, filling the corner nicely:
IMG_0011.jpg

The poor Test Duncan was added a couple of weeks ago to observe how the tank is progressing in it's ability to provide for coral support. I need to put a doser on if I am going to get serious about having coral in here. The Nem was added Day 1 and recently split.
IMG_0012.jpg

^The nem^ got super open right after I added the rock so I suspect that whatever "magic" is carried by the rock provided a jolt of nutrition and secret macrobiotic elements that boost the natural immunity and health on the reef for all the critters living there? There was a quick burst of window slime this morning but the nem is still super puffy and the fish are busy and actively swimming and begging for more food, (you know the drill) :)

The nem is living on long wet-fake rock while some of the new rock can be seen out front on the far left. Yes, I should have bought more but I am very happy with the addition of fresh living material from Australia that came attached to these beautiful coral clusters.

It will be interesting to see how this rock and the tank develop in the weeks and months to come.
What kind of nem is this? CSB? absolutely gorgeous

Also, I hope you get some more stock in the future Eric. Still haven't finished plumbing the new tank to place an order yet.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of nem is this? CSB? absolutely gorgeous

Also, I hope you get some more stock in the future Eric. Still haven't finished plumbing the new tank to place an order yet.
CSB? Maybe? I have a hard time remembering my children's birthdays, and I always forget what name was hung on this anemone but it has a special place in my wifes fish tank and it really steals the show when it is waving in the artificial currents. Sunburst, Flame? Make me an offer, maybe I'll ship you the split. :)

I am glad to read today that more live rock will be coming soon. I have to resist the urge to order the remaining 15lbs of what I am calling "Australian Reef Gold" LIve Rock. I have to travel next week so I am not going to be changing anything here at home until after I return.

Satisfaction update without pictures, too lazy:
The tiny brain-shaped head of living coral that was included in the shipment earlier this month was placed in my reef tank where it is hanging onto life and maybe growing? It is smaller than a pencil eraser (do digital aged folk even know what these items are) and appeared as a tiny green dot among the 5lbs of branches of Eric's ARG live rock that he sent to me. I have seen living newly settled coral that sometimes comes in as a hitchhiker upon maricultured coral bases or with fresh harvested rocks w/corals in the aquarium trade. In the past I have gotten a plate coral that I kept for about 10 years, and have observed bb sized dots that grew into amazing torch hitchhickers, but typically these things don't survive well after transplanting them from the ocean into a reef or fish tank. That the branches I got still had living coral hanging on to them indicate to me that TankStop's importation and ship-out practices are among the best in the industry.

Maybe they learnt a little bit along the way? I have enjoyed the historical discussion provided earlier in this thread. It goes a long way to explain the observations from people who have posted on here. There were a few, but I am thinking specifically ;

Just placed an order with Eric! He was very responsive through text and answered all of my questions. I was pleasantly surprised with the interaction. Look forward to getting some quality live rock!!

I personally prefer face to face conversations during business transactions. Erics talents with the cell phone, even Facetiming with folks to select rock hasn't been the industry standard for reef rock and coral specimens. From my experience the best one could hope for is a WYSIWYG picture on a web page. Everyone who has bought much coral online has a story about "the picture vs the item received" shock upon opening the box. My shock in this transaction was positive amazement. Thanks again for the rock.

Also, I have been noticing that the fish tank has had a lot less glass slime growth since adding this live rock. Initially there was an tiny uptick on the glass growth but whatever microbes came along for the ride those seem to be out competing the slime organisms that have plagued the tank prior to the live rock addition. The Duncan test frag is looking happier in spite of the fish knocking it over a few times. I guess I need to glue it in place but with the tank stabilizing now I think it will be safe to do.

Eric clearly loves reefing and rocking and selling and sharing as much as I do. This hobby is lucky to have him bringing in live rock, I'm a bit long.

Bored GIF

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in this hobby for close to 30 years now and I have never seen live rock that rivaled Marshall Island live rock, until now. I bought 35 lbs of Aussie rock from Eric and drove down 300 miles to cherry pick it. Best live rock currently out there! Eric is a great guy and I had a fantastic time talking to him about reefkeeping in general.
300 miles?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300 miles?
He drove to pick up the rock from Eric’s shop in Los Angeles, 300 miles? 150 each way?
I live a similar distance away and was hoping to visit the shop and cherry pick but I didn’t have the time so I told Eric what I wanted and he shipped for $16 Overnight. I regret not going to the shop, I would have bought more rocks and maybe some other things in the store. My film slime has slowed way down since I added the rocks. It was set up last year so my wife could see her fish in the house. The garage reef missed the tangs and I had to get a little Naso , rescued from stress related skin issues at a Petco, he bounce back after a month of fresh algae and chopped sea foods. My wife loves the fish but I was getting tired of the thick fast growing slime and it is now fading quite well. I can still see the fishes after not wiping glass for a week, it’s still pretty clean and a quick wipe vs 30 minutes of scrubbing to remove everything and half reappear in 2 days. Magic rock!

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh rock landing late this weekend and will get wet on Monday! I’ll post some photos on Monday:)

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got in my rock from Eric. Beyond happy!
1683141268404.png

1683141292610.png

1683141326577.png

Lots of rock for only 5lbs! Looking forward to seeding my new tank with this.
Dang! That’s 5 lbs??? I must have messed up! lol.
Hey! Really appreciate you! I enjoyed picking it out for you! Have a great one and talk soon!

Ransom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the 10lbs I ordered a while back, really want to get 5 more.

Attachments

• 20230425_171555.jpg
    20230425_171555.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New batch dropped in the tanks today! All sizes from palm size to double hand size. Let me know before it’s gone again.

Attachments

• 70984067995__B76FF5A0-7584-48A3-867F-F92F8481407E.jpeg
    70984067995__B76FF5A0-7584-48A3-867F-F92F8481407E.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 70984069448__9304FACF-0DCB-4C86-B299-946BC0F100C9.jpeg
    70984069448__9304FACF-0DCB-4C86-B299-946BC0F100C9.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 123

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This stuff has made my tank such a breeze. Thanks again Eric. It’s been over a year since I purchased from you. I had a tank with all dry rock I made. I bought I think like 12 lbs from you. I placed in QT for a month with a light. ( zero pests btw). I inspected it lights on and off for a month. Cleanest rock I have seen. After that a year in the display to seed. It now is in my sump. My display is supporting acropora, covered in corraline, and I haven’t had a single strand of GHA even in ugly phase. Highly highly recommend! :) tank is 1 year and 3 months old now and I credit so much to this amazing live rock. I had 75 lbs dry rock to 12 lbs live rock. I think it was plenty to seed and give me bio diversity.

IMG_1002.png IMG_1001.png IMG_0999.png

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome! Great to hear back from you and appreciate the follow up! Rock On!

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: If I bought some Marco Rock, Carib sea, Reef rock etc, took it to the ocean and left it in a nice spot to become live, could I sell it as live Australian rock? I know of aquariums stores that conjure their own in sumps and sell that, I wondering if it would be a viable way to make money. Buying rocks, seeding them then selling them.

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question: If I bought some Marco Rock, Carib sea, Reef rock etc, took it to the ocean and left it in a nice spot to become live, could I sell it as live Australian rock? I know of aquariums stores that conjure their own in sumps and sell that, I wondering if it would be a viable way to make money. Buying rocks, seeding them then selling them.
Australian rock is different as it’s collected in Australian waters. It’s way different than local shops selling rock that’s been alive for maybe a couple years. Its also very different then rock that was placed in the oceans in Florida aka Florida live rock. Australian live rock from my understanding was not planted and has been in waters for a very long time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back