Realistically: What tank would you get right now if you get a new one?

If you could get a different tank right now would you?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 370 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 165 29.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 3.1%

• Total voters

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why withheld?

This seems like knowledge that would benefit the community.

--Gray
The whole short story was this tank was made special order for another customer. I’m not certain how much control the mfgr had with the specs that were used to build it?
So throwing them underneath the bus in public when many others have experience much better results with more standard Stock build items doesn’t seem fair. The picture serves as a fair warning for folks in any market on what to be wary about.

rckfsh44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have a 60g, but would like to have a 75g that isn't quite so tall.....
IMG_2167.JPG

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy with my custom 60 cube.

However, If I had the room, money and a floor that I know would support It, I would get an Innovative Marine Nuvo EXT-200 gallon. I really like the aluminum stand and the option of external overflow. Also like that the Sump and ATO water is not part of the listed number of tank gallons.
Ditto!!

OldMark81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind having a new tank. I have a 90 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump. I got the tanks used and the 90 gallon has a bunch of scratches in it. So anything would be nice but I'd hope to not downsize if I was to get another tank.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the IM 25 lagoon if I could I’d either have the IM 30 long or the IM 50 lagoon.

rckfsh44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up an Aqueon 120 gallon tank, I had it drilled for the large Eshopps overflow system , I have 3, 1 inch drains ,2. 1 inch return lines set up in each corner of the back of the tank , currently have an Eshopps EDC reef sump 300 model , on this I’m sorry I didn’t get the ADV model . The sump that I have doesn’t have any probe holders or dosing tube setup. Oh well . I’m using a Red Sea Skimmer model 300 , the return pump is a Seltz Hydor rated to 3200 gph. I have 2 Gyre Pumps 2k model & 4 k , these are situated on the back wall , for lighting I have 2 AI 32 HD ‘s , i would like to go full out SPS however I may need 2 more of the 32HD’s ??? Any thoughts on that ??

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No chance on an upgrade for me in the near future but having gone from a 65g to 110g about 2 years ago I like to tell folks before you settle for an off the shelf AIO system like Red Sea or Waterbox do some research and consider all the upgrades you might want to do with them... Once you do that get a few custom quotes for exactly what you want. You might be surprised as I was and get that custom dream tank instead.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved into a 90 in jan. Im helping set up a 180. The cost of going bigger is enormous. Lights , sand, rock, wave makers, skimmer and such. No think you im out growing my 90 but im going to stick with it.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 300DD right now (72 x 36 x 27"H) but it would be pretty awesome to have an 8' tank. Ideal dimensions would be 96 x 48 x 28"H. The problem is that I can't physically fit any tank larger than the 300 down my stairs or I would have already done it. Gonna mean either building out of plywood, moving into a different house, or sticking with the 300. I'm sure that if I had an 8' tank I'd want a 10' tank so maybe going bigger isn't such a great idea. :0)

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ilooking in the near future to replace current system which I bought second hand off craigslist full or rock, fish, some corals @ 220 display ns 44 gallon sump tank. Hard plumbed, went full Triton Method from start, Apex, trident, dos ..., kessils and more Hate the height of sump area and plan is to move to a peninsula system with a remote filter room. Still researching but probably same size or slightly less

Last edited:

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No. I financially cannot change tanks, but if someone would come help me set up and all, and cover the costs, I have the space, so I guess it's more of a "if I had this and this also, I would say yes." Because then I could really feel big time ! But no really, bigger is always better Lol
We have easy financing options on our CADE aquariums! :) ~Shaun K.

TN_Huskymama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Cade, Waterbox, or Red Sea Reefer. Right now I have a Petco standard tank. I would love love love to have a reef ready tank!

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love one of the innovative marine 200 ext tanks with a white aps stand. The 112 looks interesting too.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back