Realistically: What tank would you get right now if you get a new one?

If you could get a different tank right now would you?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 370 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 165 29.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 3.1%

• Total voters

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be another Aquariums4life but this time complete with a cabinet and sump this time as these guys make what are probably the best systems out there. They make a stock set up and they also do a build to order.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what tank I would get, but I would want it to be 180 gallon, low iron glass.

I feel like this is the perfect size tank where you can get just about any fish, have plenty of room for coral, enough water for stable parameters, and still can reach your arm into the tank in case you need to grab something.

arussellnsg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I financially cannot change tanks, but if someone would come help me set up and all, and cover the costs, I have the space, so I guess it's more of a "if I had this and this also, I would say yes." Because then I could really feel big time ! But no really, bigger is always better Lol

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any 120g 4x2x2 with a single left corner overflow.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could choose again, I won't buy the planet aquarium mega matrix 180. I will still choose 180 size, but from other manufacture. It's not a bad tank, but the rough edges are more than I expected for what I paid.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being realistic, if you could get any tank from any manufacturer right now what would it be and why?
I’d replace my current one;
22C0B64C-4AC0-4372-8B23-1D25F3B112CE.jpeg

But use thicker acrylic or add euro bracing to reduce the deflection across the front (~48”) and back panels.
Well known MFGR’s name withheld-

gray808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very happy with the one I have.

I'd say "Yes", but only if my life changed in such a way that getting a much larger tank would be feasible. I think the one i have now is about as big as would be manageable by me (and not get me constant stink-eye from my fiance).

Maybe, someday, if and when we build our own house, I can plan the build around having a fairly large tank, with a dedicated equipment room behind it.

--Gray

Marine Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 24g Acropora-dominated tank and I would love to have a 400g or larger so I could have big fish and big coral colonies.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Red Sea Max E-260 and , yes, it doesn't have enough room. I would replace it with the Red Sea 900XXL. Nice HUGE tank.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 90 gallon. It is hard to reach anywhere near the bottom. Besides that, it really doesn't have any more holding capacity than a 75. I used to have a 6' X 18" X 18" 100 gallon. I really liked that tank. Lots of holding capacity and it was easy to reach every corner.

gopalka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to up with something with a bit more depth. Currently have a 150, would love to go 225 or larger even.

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a been in the process of a new tank build since the beginning of the year and then this dang pandemic hit and it's been on hold as I was made redundant just before the outbreak... Which at the time wasn't a problem just meant my new job I was due to start went down the pan so have had to hold off. Gutted Hopefully won't last much longer.
Hope all are safe and coping

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back