• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Really Bad Saltwaterfish.com Experience here

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Darbna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to put it out there. Terrible company to deal with. Ordered some fish in August. Dotty back came with punctured bag, dead on arrival. All the others were loaded with white spots and died within 72 hours of arriving. Contacted them, sent pictures, was run around several times over at www.saltwaterfish.com and was basically told at the end they don't issue refunds and will give store credit. That being said, I would usually be OK with that but the fish were obviously mishandled since the one was already dead and the others were in a yellow brine type water and loaded with either velvet or ick so bad they died in a few days. I didn't want to be forced to subject other fish to the same treatment. Still no resolution and I am sitting with store credit at saltwaterfish.com that I will never use. A few hundred dollars. Is what it is, but I just had to vent. Terrible company to do business with and their customer service is even worse. Not sure if they are a sponsor on here or not but I would really recommend buying elsewhere.

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use it, why not? What's the worst that could happen? You may the second time get what you deserve, then don't use them....

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I always only order from vendors that offer refunds - not store credit.

mic209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience as far as packaging, they sent me corals with the bags directly on ice packs, asked them not to do an ice pack at all on the replacement shipment and they did it again, bags directly on ice packs. I told them not to send me anything again.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to put it out there. Terrible company to deal with. Ordered some fish in August. Dotty back came with punctured bag, dead on arrival. All the others were loaded with white spots and died within 72 hours of arriving. Contacted them, sent pictures, was run around several times over at www.saltwaterfish.com and was basically told at the end they don't issue refunds and will give store credit. That being said, I would usually be OK with that but the fish were obviously mishandled since the one was already dead and the others were in a yellow brine type water and loaded with either velvet or ick so bad they died in a few days. I didn't want to be forced to subject other fish to the same treatment. Still no resolution and I am sitting with store credit at saltwaterfish.com that I will never use. A few hundred dollars. Is what it is, but I just had to vent. Terrible company to do business with and their customer service is even worse. Not sure if they are a sponsor on here or not but I would really recommend buying elsewhere.
Bump

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back